Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
As a full stack Java developer, you will be responsible for solving real world business problems by building applications and tools associated with communications controls, surveillance and retention. You will build these by leveraging technologies that enable monitoring, processing and surveillance high volume and high velocity voice communications data.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Compliance Technology provides technology solutions to help Compliance manage the firm's regulatory and reputational risks, and enables them to advise and assist the firm's businesses. The role of Voice Communications Compliance Tech is to manage firm's Compliance risks by managing retention, monitoring and surveillance of voice communications in the firm. The team interfaces with key compliance users in gathering requirements and builds solutions around management and control of voice recording data and platforms to allow processing of large volume of voice recorded audio and metadata for search and surveillance purpose.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a key developer in the team, you will have exposure to work on latest technologies like Big data stack (Hadoop/Spark), Angular JS, Elastic, REST. You will also have opportunities to build commercial solutions by working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have exposure to voice and telephony domain.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3 to 4 years of hands-on software development experience on Java
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of concurrency principles
- Experience with SOA / building restful services
- Familiarity with UI technologies
- Angular JS, React
- Experience in scripting in a Linux operating environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, keen to work in a dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new technologies, work as part of a global team of developers and take responsibility for design and delivery of well tested, high quality components.
- Good communications skills, and willingness to engage with Compliance and business counterparts on project requirements, proof of concept work and testing
- Java Development
- SDLC mindset
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience with Big Data frameworks such as Hadoop , Apache Spark, Elastic Search, MapReduce, HDFS, Hbase / Cassandra or other equivalent technologies
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Good understanding of Caching solutions
- Good understanding of scalability or performance tuning concepts
- Familiarity with columnar databases like Sybase IQ is preferred
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.