Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
As a SECURITY ANALYST in Technology Risk, you will be responsible for developing innovative ways to detect threats and anomalous behavior leveraging host, network, data logs, and detection tools. You will work at the forefront of designing innovative threat management solutions.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative ways to detect threats and anomalous behavior leveraging host, network, and data logs and detection tools
- Work at the forefront of designing an innovative threat and security incident management solution
- Investigate, correlate, and assess the impact of hits on indicators of compromise (IOCs)
- Decipher attack motivations and techniques by analyzing network packet captures and log data
- Interpret static and dynamic software/malware analysis to determine exactly what cyber-attackers were trying to achieve
- Enable vendors to analyze cyber-attack artifacts by collecting, preserving, and filtering forensic evidence
- Enhance Goldman Sachs's global network security by engaging with forensic, sensory tool, or Security Operations Center (SOC) vendors
- Engage in leading edge engineering to protect Goldman Sachs? network from security risks related to web, mobile, web services, and client/server architectures
- Collaborate with a global team to continually operate and improve a world-class cyber program by driving the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness
- Convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations
- Participate in a 24x7 coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against Goldman Sachs's global business network