What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Server Hardware Engineering team in Cloud Platforms is responsible globally for engineering, integrating, and standardizing server computing platforms for the firm. The group’s efforts are focused on server hardware running Linux, Windows, Hypervisors and containers. The team is part of the Infrastructure organization and it interacts closely with development, system administration and data center teams across every division of the firm. The team is looking for a server hardware engineer/developer to design and implement computing infrastructure and toolsets used to provision and manage hardware deployments in the field. Ideal candidates will be a undergraduate Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5 years of relevant experience and will possess in-depth and hands-on knowledge of hardware platforms (x86), and have a strong understanding of the engineering and development life cycle process.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Assist with the evaluation and certification of new server hardware platforms primarily focused on performance benchmarking and supportability.
• Development of tools to help automate the certification, benchmarking and support of server hardware platforms.
• Interface with hardware vendors and provide feedback for future product development
• Responsibilities will include architectural consultation as well as third level hardware systems support across various Operating Systems.
• Strong project management and execution.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Undergraduate degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communications and team leadership skills.
• In-depth knowledge of x86
• Willing to work in a team-oriented environment with team members across the globe.
• Scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python) required in leading the development of automation tools.
• Hands-on experience with hardware testing, benchmarking, and management tools.
• Proven ability to assume ownership and willingness to take on responsibility and manage projects to completion.
• Good understanding of computing ecosystem; data center practices, power/cooling, remote management, etc.
• Experience of working in Finance Industry
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.