What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Enterprise Data Governance Office is a global team responsible for reducing the firm's risk by implementing and holding the firm accountable to its data governance policy. This is being achieved through a framework, tooling and workflow. It includes overseeing data standards and implementation of data unification and transparency.
- Development of a new application and tooling to build-out an enterprise data governance framework
- Manage project deliverables and tasks during development, user acceptance (UAT) and production implementation phases
- Build upon existing GS platforms such as PURE, DataLake, Workflow and DASH) Manage user requirements, testing cycles and perform change management
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contribute to critical regulatory deliverables and alignment to principles set out by Basel Committee / Bank for International Settlements
- Contribute to the firm's overall uplift in data integrity, acquiring knowledge of Enterprise Data Governance, tooling and workflow
- Contribute to risk mitigation by understanding obligations, agreeing consumer requirements and onboarding data to the framework
- Become a strong architect building multi-tier, service oriented platforms
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years of Java development
- 1-3 years of service oriented architecture development
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- Knowledge of Web UI technologies (including Angular/JQuery)
- Strong database skills
- Bachelor's degree
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.