What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated, goal oriented developer to join our expanding team. Our team builds and maintains one of the applications used globally by all divisions in the firm, and also by thousands of our clients and partners. User experience, security, automation, and quality control are given the highest priority in our thinking and engraved in our design.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design, develop and maintain public cloud platform
- Architect highly available distributed systems
- Write technical specifications, work with several teams and manage technical dependencies and drive design meetings with various stakeholders for consensus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of development experience in either Java or C#
- Understanding of RESTful API design best practices and experience in developing them
- Extensive experience in building large scale application services, reliable clustered design patterns
- Understanding of dev-ops life cycle, automation, application monitoring and tuning to achieve performance and availability goals
- Understanding of test driven development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working experience with NGINX, Node, Express
- Experience with one or more NoSQL document and/or key/value storage technologies (Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.