Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Governance: Risk Reviews & Engineering Priorities
Quality Assurance Engineering is looking to - empower engineers in the firm to proactively deliver quality software and service. Enable early identification of quality gaps with low touch controls. Create transparency and accountability to drive remediation of issue. Establish centre of excellence to advice and guide on engineering standards and best practices.
One of the pillars of QAE is Governance. Residing in this pillar, the role is to reviews incidents, defects and metrics to determine areas that are doing well and need help to progress quality through specific deep dive engagements, divisional priorities and action plans
The specific role noted here is for an engagement role between QAE and Platform, Tech Risk, AppDev teams to advance the following:
- Review quality dashboard with incidents, defects and other metrics on a weekly basis to determine where we can learn best practices from and which areas need improvement in quality
- Discuss with QAE core group on areas to engage to
- learn what is going well and include in standards, best practices and measurement
- deep dive on specific topics to determine root cause of issues
- drive divisional priorities such as production access, capacity management and other initiatives
- prepare materials for risk reviews including weekly incident reporting to CIO
For intended deep dives and divisional priorities, formalize engagement: agree on approach and what defines "done" in that space
- Engage with specific teams based on the above
- identify contacts to work with to fulfill the deep dive requirements
- based on assessment, agree on an action plan and obtain commitment
- Log action plans and ensure they are tracked with periodic discussions
- Discuss any tooling requirements to enable teams to fulfill their action plans: Work with Platform and QAE dev team as needed
- Articulate the
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.