What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
The Equity One Delta Engineering Team is primarily responsible for the design, development and maintenance of high availability, high performance mission critical systems for trading across the Americas region, including the US, LatAm, and Canada. A highly motivated developer will receive exposure to a fast paced environment covering program trading, shares, synthetics and derivatives sales and trading businesses, spanning functional domains including listed execution, electronic merchandising, order management and trading controls.
As a developer in One Delta, your focus will be on the development of both front-end and server-side applications efficiency to Sales-trading desk workflows and focus on various equities High-Touch and Low Touch execution services initiatives to increase revenue opportunities. You will be involved in planning highly visible trading events such as IPOs, index rebalances, and large block trades – these are the bread and butter of an Equities Trading franchise that deals in billions of dollars of trading day-in day-out.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with sales and trading desks to bring innovative solutions that enhance our client experience and expand revenue channels.
• Apply best practices to engineer highly reliable and scalable systems to support the growing demands of the Equities Trading business.
• Bring an inquisitive mind and strong problem solving skills to question status quo processes and architect optimized workflows.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 3 years of industry experience programming in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
• Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
• Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
• Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems, Large-scale, distributed systems, Operating systems design, Compilers, Modern web stacks, Functional programming, Test engineering
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.