What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Collaborate with Technology Division teams as a pool of developers dedicated to delivering key priorities. Act as ‘surge squad’ responsible for accelerating a specific high impact Technology Division project.
You will work in a fast paced environment as a member of a global team of exceptional engineers who are at the forefront of delivering innovative platforms that enable state of the art technology solutions You will work closely with other technology teams and internal end users to deliver solutions that drive a variety of GS businesses You will have an opportunity to be part of cutting-edge R&D projects within the firm. We will be looking into building machine learning and blockchain solutions
• Build and enhance a distributed document processing platform that handles billions of documents and is central to the firm’s document storage strategy
• A BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
• Practical knowledge of distributed data processing using HBase, Hadoop, YARN and Spark
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed algorithms, and designing for performance and resiliency
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
• Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
• Experience in distributed document processing
• Experience with event sourcing
• Practical knowledge of working with ElasticSearch – with particular emphasis on performance tuning Experience in Kafka / Akka
• Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of development projects and related support issues
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.