What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The FICC Systematic Market Making (SMM) business consolidates and expands the firm’s electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution. The FICC SMM Technology team partners with SMM Trading & SMM Engineering to develop and support the pricing and trading platforms for the firm and its clients.
The team is responsible for projects to build applications and system flows for trade booking, reconciliation and risk management. A major area of focus is system reliability engineering; including increasing automation, improving real-time monitoring, and developing metrics. Team members are also tasked with supporting the day-to-day operations of the trading desk and the electronic trading systems.
Along with these responsibilities, you will be interacting closely with Trading & Sales business users on a daily basis enables the team to develop strong working relationships with the desk.
• Operational risk management of a complex, fast-moving, multi-asset eDealing business
• Significant business interaction across FICC front office
• Interaction with technology infrastructure owners across the SMM technical landscape
• Incident and crisis management
• Development of production management toolset and business small enhancement
• Identifying opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in support process and physical environment
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
• Strong programming skills in one or more procedural/object oriented languages (C/C++, Java).
• Working knowledge of UNIX.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues.
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of FIX protocol
• Front Office support experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.