What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology Marketing: Technology Marketing within the Technology Division oversees the development and execution of the divisional marketing program. The program aims to strengthen the GS engineering brand both internally and externally as engineering leaders and an engineering employer of choice. The group manages the creation of video, written and graphical content that is leveraged across the division’s distribution platforms (i.e. gs.com engineering hub, social networks, media, recruiting materials), and works to develop a strategic approach to communicating the division’s key messaging on a range of topics, including career opportunities and thought leadership.
• Participate in the development of video, written and graphical content aimed at strengthening the Technology Division’s brand strategy and value proposition with a broad range of constituents, including internal staff and recruits •Work with Media Relations, Brand and Content Strategy, Human Capital Management Marketing, Technology Recruiting, Technology Communications, Content Ambassadors and others to develop an amplification/distribution strategy for recruiting and thought leadership content
• Assist in the development and execution of strategic communications plans for the Technology Marketing program •Manage the relationship with our external marketing agency, this includes tracking SOW and deliverables and attending agency status meetings •Manage content approval process for Engineering marketing materials •Manage the overall engineering content calendar •Maintain an annual global events calendar
• Assist with the development of a marketing and social media dashboard in conjunction with the Executive Office Social Media and Brand Marketing teams •Manage key engineering marketing events (i.e. JavaOne, Open Compute Summit) logistics and preparation. This includes preparing engineers to host booths, booth assets, marketing handouts & give-aways, and event social media plan and amplification •Review and approve/reject external speaking engagement requests via the Speaker Approval System •Conduct competitor due diligence of leading technology brands, conference landscape and provide strategic recommendations to further Goldman Sachs Engineering brand
• Manage content and updates to GSConnect Engineering Marketing Storefront •Assist with the development and distribution plan for divisional talking points for recruiting •Manage the divisional marketing content library •Manage monthly meetings with key divisional business unit contacts (senior engineers, chiefs of staff) to curate content •Manage agenda and schedule with Technology Marketing Editorial Board •Liaise with internal stakeholders (legal, compliance, vendor management, Executive office) to launch branded presence on new platforms to distribute marketing messaging •Finance: Manage invoice approval process and budget tracking. Track expenses related to conferences and marketing materials •Monthly Marketing Highlights Report: Curate content for distribution to executive leadership team email and GS Connect post
• Web content writing/experience handling website management and/or editorial duties
• Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal), and PowerPoint skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task and manage project deliverables in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Team-orientation and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong interest in and knowledge and understanding of trends in websites, and digital/social media platforms.
• General knowledge of the technology industry and macro technology trends a plus
• General knowledge of financial services & recruiting a plus
• Undergraduate major in communications, marketing, advertising, media studies, journalism, content development or related fields
• Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills, and resourceful web and social media research/analysis skills
• Strong familiarity with social media platforms and websites, how they work, and how different audiences (individual users, companies, brands, etc.) use them
• Excellent project manager who is highly organized, has strong attention to detail and follow-through
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.