What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us – a high return for the right risk taken. Operational Risk identifies, analyzes, aggregates and reports Operational risk events, trends and exposures to the firm’s senior management and business managers. Provide an analytic framework to perform Risk profile assessments, Scenario analysis and capital calculations as mandated by the Basel II recommended advanced measurement approach. Align the firm’s exposure to Operational risk losses to a level within its risk tolerance.
Are you interested in learning about risk or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer on the Operational Risk Technology team within Finance & Risk Engineering organization under the Technology Division, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management while working in small, nimble teams to provide technical products that meet our constantly changing business needs. We engage with senior leadership across various areas of the firm, in addition to a number of divisional committees and regulatory entities. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions. The Operational Risk Technology group works closely with the firm’s senior management and business managers to identify, analyze, aggregate and report on the risk of financial loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, and systems or from external events (including legal risk and reputational risk). We are building an analytic framework to perform risk profile assessments, scenario analysis and capital calculations as mandated by the Basel-recommended advanced measurement approach. We are looking for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and a true desire to make an impact.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Hands-on coding/development/testing on Operational Risk’s global strategic application platforms and projects
• Work closely with business analysts on requirements definition
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
• Participate in technical specifications, high level/detailed design, test and implementation plans from business requirements
• Actively participate end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing and maintenance
• Conduct data analysis to meet compliance/ audit requirements or validate data quality and system behavior
• Provide UAT support, production support for Operational Risk users globally by troubleshooting or providing workarounds
• Support users in resolving issues by troubleshooting, providing workarounds, or escalating to technology
• Provides technical and functional guidance and leadership to junior members on a project basis
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both written and verbal
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Expertise in Java/J2EE development on presentation tier and back end • Databases: Sybase, DB2
• Open Source Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat • Web/UI development – HTML, Web UI toolkit
• Linux, UNIX, Scripting, Eclipse IDE, MS Office • Familiarity with J2EE Design Patterns
• Nice to have is some exposure to a testing framework such as Selenium
• Experience to Financial Software Development
• Exposure to Risk Processes preferred
• Experience with BPMN/Workflows
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.