Collaborate with Technology Division teams as a pool of developers dedicated to delivering key priorities. Act as ‘surge squad’ responsible for accelerating a specific high impact Technology Division project.
You will work in a fast paced environment as a member of a global team of exceptional engineers who are at the forefront of delivering innovative platforms that enable state of the art technology solutions
You will work closely with other technology teams and internal end users to deliver solutions that drive a variety of GS businesses
You will have an opportunity to be part of cutting-edge R&D projects within the firm. We will be looking into building machine learning and block chain solutions
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverable
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Engineering Graduate with 6 to 12 years of Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
• Practical knowledge of distributed data processing using HBase, Hadoop, YARN and Spark
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed algorithms, and designing for performance and resiliency
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
• Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
• Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
• Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of development projects and related support issues
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.