CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses which include the global online consumer deposits business and the US online consumer lending business, the firm’s first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a VP in the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, you will be working closely with the head of finance, leaders across Digital Finance, and the chief operating officer of the division. In your role:
• You will work on developing the financial planning, reporting and analysis infrastructure for the business, including budgeting processes and reconciliation to actual financial results, measurement and tracking of expenses incurred, and financial forecasting and modeling;
• You will work with other FP&A teams supporting individual business lines, and members of the divisional and firmwide teams to consolidate, understand, explain, and improve business performance, reporting, and analysis
• You will partner with colleagues in Digital Finance Technology on technology platform cost / infrastructure planning;
• You will build NPV frameworks to evaluate investment decisions for pricing and marketing spend, and may also be involved in exploring new growth opportunities
• You will incorporate regulatory capital modeling for the business under CCAR, Basel III Standardized, Basel III Advanced and GS internal approaches into broader financial planning, in conjunction with a designated team of GS internal professionals
• “Seeking 5-7 years of FP&A experience in unsecured consumer lending, including revolvers, installment loans, and credit cards.”
• Must be extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to move projects forward independently
• Must be highly motivated, self-driven, collaborative, a strong communicator, and able to balance being in the weeds with summarizing at a high level under short deadlines.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact.
• A mastery of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and KPI tracking.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets.
• Prior experience in creating frameworks for evaluating investment decisions and performing portfolio and account level profitability analysis.
• Experience with large data sets, technology and exposure to Consumer Finance.
• Fluency with Excel, SAS/SQL, R, Python a plus.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.