Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
GS Family Office (GSFO) works in coordination with Private Wealth Advisors to develop strong ties with clients to deliver a full suite of family office services. GSFO is in search of an Analyst to support a team in providing customized services to new and existing high net worth clients. We are looking for a hard-working and detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in providing family office services to strategic clients of PWM.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
· Support a team in providing Family Office services across a dedicated book for PWMs most strategic clients
· Assist with management of all non-investment related aspects of the client, including, but not limited to estates and trusts, artwork, real estate, financial holdings
· Assist in executing action plans to achieve financial goals (wealth transfer, income tax, charitable, capital sufficiency, etc...)
· Maintain a client calendar of regular events and implications for GS Family Office (e.g., capital call monitoring, GRAT tracking, interest tracing)
· Prepare quarterly and ad-hoc custom reporting (e.g., cash flow, balance sheets, tax projections, etc...)
· Develop and update models to demonstrate the benefits of various income, estate and gift planning opportunities
· Coordinate the delivery of services for third party providers, including insurance, cyber & physical security, bill pay, private foundation administration, household employee payroll and benefits
· Support client queries
· Summarize estate plans and entity structures; including preparation of all financial exhibits
· Prepare ad hoc analyses with detailed assumptions to forecast future liquidity needs
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe; this role will be primary placed in New York City, but may cover clients across the United States
· Experience working within teams to deliver services around structuring multi-generational wealth and estate planning strategies
· Interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
· Experience in US tax legislation and tax implications of investment portfolios, estate planning entities, philanthropic entities, and other business activities, including impact of the Alternative Minimum Tax
· Excellent communication skills to interface with Trustees, Accountants, and other advisors and professional bodies in respect to private clients wealth planning
· Knowledgeable on various insurance products with the ability to summarize coverage and identify gaps
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team oriented environment
· Resourceful, energetic, attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
· Ability to work independently and within strict deadlines
· Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the Firm
· Experience with family office services preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree required; CFP, MST, or CPA preferred
· Series 7, 66 (must be obtained within first 3 months of employment)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.