Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Rating Advisory team is responsible for providing our Investment Banking clients with advice and services relating to their credit profile, financing options and credit rating considerations. The team sits within capital markets and works in tandem with our Investment Banking, Merger & Acquisition, and Financing Group colleagues and plays an integral role in structuring integrated corporate finance and financing solutions.
The Rating Advisory team leverages its extensive expertise in financial, credit and rating analysis to provide astute, objective transactional and advisory judgments to the firm and its clients.
Are you passionate about corporate finance? We’re looking for a professional to join our Rating Advisory team who wants to use their skills to provide vital credit analysis and advice to our clients.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Perform capital structure analysis in the context of M&A, LBOs, restructurings, etc
• Estimate potential rating and rating impact of transactions
• Develop and audit models applied to credit and rating assessments
• Participate in initial ratings processes for clients
• Develop knowledge of rating agency methodologies, track evolutions of criteria
• Establish a network of contacts at the rating agencies
• Participate in client meetings on rating related matters
• Degree in Economics / Finance / Accounting related discipline is preferable
• Experience with modelling and financial statements analysis
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work flexibly as part of multiple teams and autonomously
• Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
• Experience assessing credit worthiness, financing options and potential credit rating in a previous job
• Language skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.