What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us – a high return for the right risk taken.
Are you interested in learning about corporate treasury or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in the Finance & Risk Engineering organization under our Corporate Treasury Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management, funding and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams to provide technical products that meet our constantly changing business needs. Our partnership with the Finance Division’s Corporate Treasury group directly correlates to Goldman Sachs’ core competencies – monitoring, measuring and reporting not only risk exposures, but also financial transactions. We engage with senior leadership across various areas of the firm, in addition to a number of divisional committees and regulatory entities. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner our firm’s treasurer and other members of Corporate Treasury senior leadership to manage the firm’s liquidity risk, secured and unsecured funding programs, and the level and composition of consolidated and subsidiary equity capital. In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm’s business activities and asset strategy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Use engineering identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software
• Apply analytics to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity
• Participate in the firm’s liquidity projection and optimization, cash & collateral management, and funds transfer pricing (FTP) strategy
• Work with treasury, desk strategists, and technology departments to define and implement models, including accountability for modeling methodologies, code base, and infrastructure
• Analyze model output and facilitate understanding of model results by non-technical partners
• Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Interested in learning about finance
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
• Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and asset pricing
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.