What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The candidate will be accountable for the integration and enhancement of the Symphony application within the GS application environment. They will be accountable for GS Symphony Engineering team and will work with Symphony LLC to deliver product value specific to the GS adoption via both application development on the Symphony framework ie. Bot development and by integration to other existing GS product where possible ie. Email, Voice and Video. The candidate will be responsible for driving both the development of GS specific Symphony application components that enhance the product value within GS but also to provide guidance and expertise to broader influence to the Symphony LLC development group as to the commercial enhancements GS would like to be developed and prioritized. The candidate will work with internal engineering teams to form and deliver comprehensive Workplace collaboration strategy to deliver value to GS and our clients from the Symphony product.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with the PIR product team to Develop a future vision for the GS usage of the Symphony LLC product.
• Direct the GS Symphony Engineering product team and provide overall strategy for collaborative software implementations across multiple business verticals.
• Work with business leads on how to leverage and abstract maximum business value from the Symphony product suite.
• Lead workshops to identify client requirements and stakeholder needs, UX/UI approach and supported software functional use cases.
• Lead a team to provide a set of tools around provisioning, info barriers, management reporting and custom product integration.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Solid knowledge of Java (2 or more years of experience)
• Solid knowledge of RDMS (e.g. DB2, Sybase)
• Experience working with modern frameworks such as Backbone, jQuery, Angular, or React
• Experience developing and maintaining RESTful web services
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members
• Strong communication skills
• Passion for growing your skills, coming up with solutions to interesting problems
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, and self-motivated. Ideal candidates will have a history of high-quality execution and problem solving
• The successful candidate will have 10+ years’ experience in a similar product management role within the financial industry.
• Have experience with Enterprise Collaboration products with knowledge of product features and functions required to deliver value and controls required meet financial regulations.
• The candidate will have a proven track record in driving product strategy working with business leads to define product deliverables and priorities.
• An ability to lead a team of Engineers to develop product enhancements aligned to client needs and to work with a Commercial software vendor to provide future product enhancements aligned to GS business requirements.
• Working knowledge of industry standard collaboration tools ie. Symphony, Bloomberg, Microsoft Lync/Teams, Confluence, Slack
• Have a background in Product management including the ability to derive market analysis of the competitive product environment to help strategize enhancements to the GS collaboration environment. Allowing for the delivery of a functional integrated architecture utilizing the best market products.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.