What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Development, Communication, and Collaboration team is transforming the way Goldman Sachs people collaborate with our clients and with each other. We design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption.
The Symphony and Collaboration Integration team works on the wide variety of social platforms such as Symphony, Level Up (firm’s gamification platform), and LiveEvents (platform that enables audience interaction at events and conferences).
The team is seeking an experienced QA engineer to build and manage a variety of testing and release processes around the team’s products. Specifically, the position will entail ensuring that Symphony, the firm’s strategic chat and communication platform, satisfies all control, performance, and functional requirements at the highest level. In this role, you will participate in requirements analysis, writing of test scripts, certifying releases, and executing tests.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Collaborate with internal application developers, external vendors, and control stakeholders to understand and validate application functionality on a key piece of the firm’s infrastructure.
• Develop, document, and revise quality assurance procedures, test procedures and quality standards
• Design, implement, review, execute and maintain manual and automated tests based on product requirements and functional specifications
• Coordinate automation testing with the Development and Dev Ops team members in an Agile workflow
• Create accurate and detailed bug reports when issues are identified.
• Develop scripts, tools, and test vectors to automate test execution
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional QA experience within an Automation Development role
• 3+ years of developing user requirements, business procedures and processes
• Experience with JIRA or other project management, issue-tracking or bug-tracking tools
• Experience with continuous integration and build systems such as Jenkins
• Experience with Software Development in Linux environment
• Strong communication skills
• Exceptional analytical skills, ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions with a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, and self-motivated.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.