What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Middleware Engineering provides software based infrastructure solutions and subject matter expertise to application teams. This group ensures the firm is positioned for emerging technology offerings and spans Big Data, Database, Messaging, Service Discovery, External Financial Messaging and related engineering efforts. You will be part of a global team running a wide range of message oriented middleware products providing services to mission critical applications.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partnering with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems.
• Engineering large scale deployments, delivering real time messaging services to hundreds of applications across Goldman Sachs, with a strong focus on self-service and automation.
• You will be working in a fast-paced environment, exposed to a number of technologies and strive by being a good all-rounder.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Advanced skills in troubleshooting and tuning Apache Kafka
• Demonstrated experience owning enterprise-class applications and delivering highly available fault tolerant, globally accessible services at scale
• Good understanding of distributed systems
• Working knowledge of scripting languages
• Knowledge of Linux, networking protocols, security, and file systems
• Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide a seamless end user experience.
• Excellent communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Candidates should be self-motivated and display initiative, ownership, and flexibility. Ideal candidates will have a history of creative, high-quality execution in situations with time pressure and resource constraints
• Knowledge/experience with Java, Python, Scala
• Knowledge/experience with RabbitMQ or other messaging brokers
• Knowledge/experience building and using REST microservices
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.