What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Network Engineering is part of the Platforms team in Technology at GS. The Core networks team is responsible for architecture, design and engineering of WAN, MAN and backbone network systems that drive all the Firm's global businesses. We are currently seeking a new Associate to join the team in Jersey City to support the WAN, MAN and carrier infrastructure engineering functions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Working with network carriers to design and deliver connectivity solutions
• Working with product engineering to drive requirements and certify new routing platforms
• Work on several projects at once, from regional ones to global ones
• Provide technical escalation for complex problems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years of experience dealing directly with network carriers for circuit delivery, including understanding commercial negotiations
• Strong knowledge of WAN/MAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
• Experience dealing with change management in an enterprise environment
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Experience dealing with common network vendor operating systems (Cisco, Juniper, etc)
• Solid communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and determine tasks that are urgent vs important
• Financial sector experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge of global undersea cable systems
• Experience with network management platforms
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.