Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Hands on expertise in Tableau or other data visualization tools
• Maintain services once they are in production by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
• Excellent Communications skills are essential – both verbal and written
• You must have experience managing multiple tasks and using sound judgment when prioritizing and escalating
• You must have extensive experience of issue investigation and root cause analysis of a technical nature
• You must be able to work with deeply technical engineers, identify gaps that need addressing, and hold them to account
• A successful candidate will be able to balance project management trade-offs, own decisions and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders across business, partners, vendors, internal technology stakeholders and technology peers, with an eye towards influencing and driving positive business outcomes
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• BSc or Masters degree
• 5-8 years recent hands on experience in software industry
• 3+ years of experience with monitoring and service management tools such as PagerDuty, AppDynamics, Splunk and Service Now
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• Exposure to Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, BPM and ITIL preferable
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.