What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
As a member of the Workplace Engineering Data and Tools Development team, the candidate will create platforms and solutions for interacting with core workplace infrastructure including e-mail, voice, multimedia, mobile and many other domains. Our software is the backbone of many foundational infrastructure technologies that power work across all divisions of the firm. The candidate will work with engineering groups to identify opportunities for automation, risk reduction, and enablement of new productivity-enhancing products. The candidate will join a highly collaborative and dynamic team practicing agile software development.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The candidate should possess strong software engineering skills, including skills in the following disciplines: software architecture and design, debugging, and automated testing.
• The candidate will excel by being able to carefully evaluate difficult technical and operational tradeoffs and communicate them clearly to all levels of management.
• Because our team works directly with our clients, being able to gather requirements and explain software development topics to non-developers is important. In addition, as the team consists of employees of all experience levels, a candidate must be able to work efficiently with a diverse set of individuals.
• Further, being able to mentor more junior employees and being able to receive direction from team members at all levels are key skills that will enable success in both the short and long term.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience
• Able to design and architect solutions as well as set technical standards
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Able to lead several competing projects at once
• Able to apply design patterns
• Strong experience with REST API and Web Services
• Experience with both server-side and UI development
• Strong proficiency with one or more including Java, C#, or similar OO languages
• Experience with ReactJS and AngularJS client-side web UI frameworks
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.