What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated, goal oriented developer to join our expanding team. Your impact will be visible to all levels in the firm and virtually by any business and client we interact with. You will be collaborating with rest of the team members to evaluate, prioritize, plan and deliver a world class highly available platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Critical thinking, communication and careful prioritization is required to manage technical dependencies and relationships to drive deliverables. You must have a good sense of ownership, user interaction and usability design. Fault tolerance is a critical aspect of our business. You will design, develop, test against disaster scenarios, and maintain sets of applications built with the latest technologies.
• Design, develop and maintain RESTful services supporting applications used by several thousands of users and other applications
• Architect and develop highly available and secure distributed services
• Write and maintain unit and end to end test cases
• Participate in user experience design discussions, and make sure services layer operates in harmony with UI and other consumers
• Write technical specifications, work with several teams and manage technical dependencies and drive design meetings with various stakeholders for consensus
• Represent the platform in design, security, audit and release reviews
• Participate in agile/waterfall project planning and task management
• 80% hands on coding
• Support the application on a global scale
• Code in server-side technologies (enterprise Java and open source libraries, web frameworks).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of development experience
• Expert understanding of RESTful API design best practices and experience in developing them, preferably in Java or Node.JS.
• Extensive experience in building large scale application services, reliable clustered design patterns
• Experience with hosting services through either of NGINX, Node/Express, or Apache
• Strong understanding and experience in using cloud storage systems
• Strong understanding of application security, and ability to conduct vulnerability reviews
• Understanding of dev-ops life cycle, automation, application monitoring and tuning to achieve performance and availability goals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Experience with one or more NoSQL document and/or key/value storage technologies (Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.