What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Commercial Banking Engineering team brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Goldman Sachs’ Commercial Banking Technology team is bringing together a group of highly skilled technology engineers with a strong desire to shape the industry. DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities are fundamental to our strategy of market agility and lean operating principles, with a strict focus on quality that meets the high demands of digital customers.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually curious DevOps Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge computing capabilities. As a member of the Commercial Banking Engineering team, you will champion the advancement of automation, display a deep technical understanding of cloud capabilities and contribute to application delivery, infrastructure provisioning, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. Ideal candidates will have experience migrating platforms to the cloud and building/managing foundational cloud operations capabilities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Deep experience working in a Linux environment, including system engineering, high availability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of container technologies: Docker and Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of operating RESTful web services, including full understanding of web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, etc).
• Develop scripts that automate infrastructure and software delivery capabilities.
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools.
• Design and develop high-quality automation workflows in a cloud platform.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives.
• Experience migrating platforms to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon AWS.
• Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment.
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions.
• Experience supporting complex production application environments.
• 2+ years of experience of Linux
• 2+ years of experience with a scripting language like Python or Ruby
• 5+ years of experience in a public cloud offering, migrating or building tools and applications in AWS
• 1+ years of experience architecting, implementing and managing a monitoring tool such as Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk, and ELK in the cloud
• 1+ years of experience of Docker & Kubernetes
• Experience working in a distributed systems environment, including public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure
• Experience building a microservices based architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment
• Deep understanding of the Agile development methodology
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.