Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We’re a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually curious DevOps Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge computing capabilities. As a member of the Commercial Banking Engineering team, you will champion the advancement of automation, display a deep technical understanding of cloud capabilities and contribute to application delivery, infrastructure provisioning, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. Ideal candidates will have experience migrating platforms to the cloud and building/managing foundational cloud operations capabilities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Deep experience working in a Linux environment, including system engineering, high availability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of container technologies: Docker and Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of operating RESTful web services, including full understanding of web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, etc).
• Develop scripts that automate infrastructure and software delivery capabilities.
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools.
• Design and develop high-quality automation workflows in a cloud platform.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives.
• Experience migrating platforms to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon AWS.
• Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment.
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions.
• Experience supporting complex production application environments.
• 2+ years of experience of Linux
• 2+ years of experience with a scripting language like Python or Ruby
• 5+ years of experience in a public cloud offering, migrating or building tools and applications in AWS
• 1+ years of experience architecting, implementing and managing a monitoring tool such as Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk, and ELK in the cloud
• 1+ years of experience of Docker & Kubernetes
• Experience working in a distributed systems environment, including public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure
• Experience building a microservices based architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment
• Deep understanding of the Agile development methodology
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.