What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative
measures including business planning, capability design,
and the testing of mitigants.
The Chief of Staff Team is responsible for driving the execution of strategic priorities as defined by the Technology leadership team, divisional communications, HCM, and Finance Engineering. The CoS team works hand in hand with the Business Unit head and other senior leaders of Technology on strategic initiatives and special projects. There are several responsibilities such as:
- Support senior management initiatives globally such as recruiting and talent management
- Role varies by initiative and may be project management related or acting as a business analyst/execution resource to management
- Work on both short term, ad hoc requests as well as longer term analyses and projects
- Map out processes and develop efficiencies and improvements
- Work closely with HCM, Compliance, Finance and others as needed to execute initiatives
- Write communications to employees from leadership
- Assist in the logistics and marketing of events, obtaining the necessary approvals
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Serve as a central point of communication, coordination and information flow for the tech risk leadership team to ensure consistency across numerous routine and ad hoc tasks
• Demonstrate the ability to be accountable for a broad range of activities and demonstrate clear ability to take ownership by diving deeper where needed.
• Facilitate leadership and technology forums and meetings, including planning and managing agendas as well as content and follow-ups
• Partner with Human Capital Management, Compliance, other business unit Chiefs of Staff, Technology Financial Services, and other tech leadership teams to ensure conformance with policies, procedures and tasks/actions required by managers and staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial services, and/or technology company
• Strong communications skills – listening, written, and verbal
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
• Highly proactive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments
• Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization to get up to speed quickly on key topics
• Resourceful and proactive work approach
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Experience with organizational change
• Experience working on a global team
• Broad knowledge of and interest in Cyber Security, Risk Financial Services and Technology
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.