What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for the platforms in our division
• The team ensures that before going to production, systems meet supportability requirements, including documentation, runbooks, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration and can pass required disaster recovery plans
• Effectiveness is measured through mean time to recover and mean time to failure
• In addition, the team is responsible for working closely with central engineering teams to develop and enhance automation capabilities that address the need to detect and recover as quickly as possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Active engagement in the entire lifecycle of product development
• Support product development before deployment go live by working closely with Architecture, Application Development and DevOps to ensure what is built meets SRE requirements
• Maintain services once they are in production by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related technical engineering field
• Working knowledge of AppDynamics and Splunk desired
• Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.