What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD) Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Digital Finance Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will join a team of process modelers who document how our systems behave from the customer view down to actual API calls within the system. The technical writer will create educational documentation that describe technical flows within the platform, release summaries, and “how-to” guides for developers to follow when using shared libraries
• Partner with product managers and the application development team in sprint activities
• Propose and produce materials for support teams, product teams and developers
• Analyze, interpret and extract information from complex technical and functional requirements, features and stories for development of “one-pagers” which summarize the overall intent of a business process
• Create and manage content on the various team repositories (version control)
• Produce support artifacts for internal associates and clients, such as: Online Help, Install/Set Up Procedures, Admin Procedures, User Provisioning, Release Notifications, API & Developer Instructions, Infrastructure Manuals and User Manuals
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, Communications, English or related disciplines required
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience required as a technical writer working within the information technology industry documenting APIs, SDKs, web technologies, etc.
• Financial services industry, particularly consumer banking experience is preferred
• Strong writing and communication skills required
• Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
• Basic experience with standard documentation tools required
• Experience authoring and deploying an online help system preferred
• Excellent sense of design, workflow and content layout required
• Familiarity with graphic design, UX, web design and CSS concepts preferred
• Adept at learning new technologies
• Experience writing technical and end-user support materials
• Experience using or familiarity with source control (TFS/GIT) required
• Experience using SnagIt, Camtasia and Captivate preferred
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.