What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD) Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Digital Finance Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The Solutions Engineering team supports significant business change and technology implementation projects CCBD.The team partners with Federation stakeholders, Product Owners, Architecture, Development Teams and Technology Managers to design and deploy large-scale product solutions and is responsible for helping the Firm understand the CCBD business and technology impact of initiatives, coordinating across the firm to deliver these initiatives
• Solutions Engineers collaborate with downstream stakeholders and influence changes to enterprise architecture to accommodate for new CCBD products or platforms being introduced into the environment. They are a key component to the product initiation, development, and release process
• Independently manage workstreams, relationships and deliverables with downstream federation teams
• Guide the engineering of solutions that will enable new products and platforms to be deployed into our ecosystem
• Coordinate the timelines and milestones associated with requirement grooming, testing and code deployment
• Manage the full lifecycle of a program from inception to implementation, including tracking status, deliverables and risks
• Develop deep market expertise in a new product / platform
• Broaden exposure to a wide range of stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding and experience of project management from initiation to implementation (risk/issue management, project communication, project governance)
• A proven track record in delivering projects of various sizes (functional complexity and/or resources)
• The ability to critically examine current processes in order to propose and develop functional improvements
• Ability to formulate conversion and test plans across multiple teams and systems
• Strong knowledge and appreciation of technology change. Software development experiences a plus but not essential
• Ability to communicate with senior business unit managers and direct reports; understanding business needs/concerns and helping them liaise with teams across the firm
• Interested in following up on detailed business or technical issues and understanding the functional and technical impact of any change
• Ability to work with people at all levels, building rapport and consensus on issues, and helping to move projects forward
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.