What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client’s goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
In IMD, we value Quality Management as a core technical competency that is essential to our success. The IMD Project QA team is responsible for ensuring that the software we design and write for various applications and platforms is defect-free, works as intended, and meets the needs of our users.
We are looking for Lead Test Engineer(s) who have the ability to be the Hands-on Lead and Manage a geographically distributed QA team (10+ members), work closely with Developers, Project Managers, and Users throughout the SDLC, in developing and executing a detailed Test Strategy – designing and scripting Test Cases (TC) based upon requirements, participating in story grooming sessions, scrum standups, test execution & defect triage, tracking / reporting execution results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The Lead Test Engineer should be experienced in Functional, Performance, Mobile, Load & Regression testing aspects of enterprise applications.
Particular focus has to be on using scalable testing frameworks for Automating the TC execution so that frequent, Agile Application releases can be supported. The Lead Test Engineers will need to have strong hands-on experience with open-source Automation tools that the GS Enterprise Test Engineering group recommends and develops, and strong communication and good inter-personal skills.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Developing and executing a detailed Test Strategy – designing and writing Test Cases (TC) based upon requirements, executing them, tracking / reporting execution results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - should be able to communicate effectively with Developers, Project Managers and Users.
• 5+ years of professional experience of reviewing and understanding Business requirements, BRDs, FSDs, Wireframes, etc, and developing high quality test cases that comprehensively cover all testing aspects of the application being developed.
• 3+ years of strong hands-on experience with various QA Automation tools – Selenium, JMeter, FitNesse, JUnit, LoadRunner, Cucumber, SONAR.
• Impeccable attention to functional and UI details, with a keen focus towards verifying and validating new functionality against an existing set of given design specs and requirements.
• Strong sense of ownership and focus on delivery.
• Prior experience of working in financial institutions a plus.
• Should have prior experience of working on and testing server side Java applications that use a micro service architecture. Should be familiar with full-stack development, Agile methodologies
• Good working knowledge of how to develop and maintain tight QA processes centred around JIRA for all reporting and tracking of defects and test case execution.
• Prior experience of managing a global, geographically distributed team highly desired.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.