What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
As a UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with business stakeholders, clients, and development teams to craft compelling, innovative and usable solutions for a transactional user interface. You will design and develop user interfaces and components for client and internal-facing web applications. You will play a critical part in building patterns and components which would be leveraged for many high-profile web and mobile based applications across the firm. Your focus will include:
• Design common components for web applications
• Design mobile-friendly or responsive patterns
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Awareness of latest technical trends
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• This role will allow the UX designer to interact with multiple technology and business stakeholders to shape a diverse product set, design and develop business solutions, optimize business processes, and drive commercial outcomes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of experience as an Interaction Designer or Information Architect
• Solid understanding of user-centered design process and principles
• NodeJS experience will be a plus
• Passion for User Experience and Application Design
• A user-centric mentality for building products with great UX
• Self-driven , highly motivated , ability to work in a global environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.