What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
Goldman Sachs is looking for an experienced and competent Web Analytics expert to join our team of UX All-stars. We believe that an in-depth and quantitative understanding of the behaviors of the users of our internal and external sites and applications is key to successful user-centered design, so this role will play a key role on the UX Team. This role will also act as a liaison between the UX Team’s business clients and the development teams that implement the collection of the user behavior data. Finally, this role will provide fresh thought leadership in the use of web analytics data within the user-centered design process.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a User Experience Web Analytics Specialist you will be responsible for driving the web analytics strategy and working closely with the other members of the UX team to understand how web analytics data can help them do their job and finding ways to deliver that the needed data in the appropriate form.
• You will work collaboratively with the other web analytics experts here at Goldman Sachs to find opportunities to create a web analytics community that shares best practices and drives the creation of standards where appropriate.
• The candidate must be an innovative, creative, and analytical problem solver. She or he must also have extensive experience working with development teams in an agile environment, have superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Extensive experience with Adobe Analytics and to some degree Google Analytics
• Excellent data analysis and visualization abilities
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
• Experience with setting up and/or managing a tag management strategy using a tag management tool (Adobe Tag Manager, Ensighten, etc.)
• Some interest in or experience with user experience
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent in marketing analytics, statistics or a related field is required
• 5+ years of experience in web analytics
• Ability to make recommendations regarding process improvements and to help develop firm-wide best practices
• Ability to analyze a website's key performance metrics and competitive trending using statistical tools and models
• Ability to analyze and visualize user behavior and flows through sites and applications
• Ability to direct queries and analyze databases and logs to produce daily, weekly and monthly reports
• Some knowledge of user centered design processes and principles
• Domain expertise in the financial sector
• Experience with collecting and interpreting user behavior on mobile devices
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.