What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK GOVERNANCE supports various Technology Risk committee structures to align with industry enterprise risk management standards and ensure risk relevant information in provided for senior leadership with the proper oversight and accountability.
REGULATORY & AUDIT COORDINATION manages Regulatory and Client interactions impacting the Technology Division. Ensures management awareness of regulatory expectations and improves the alignment of technology controls to meet these expectations.
The Governance team resides within firm’s Technology Risk department, which is led by the firm’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and maintains responsibility for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications, measuring cybersecurity risk, and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The regulatory team within Technology Risk Governance has three principal objectives: (1) efficiently provide timely and accurate information to global regulators regarding the firm’s information security; (2) drive security improvements and prioritization based on regulatory requirements; and (3) inform business decisions by providing insights about relevant regulatory trends and changes. Separately, the Technology Risk Governance team is responsible for coordinating the development of technology-related policies and standards across the firm. Full Time Associate with advanced communication, analysis and project management skills. Background in public policy, information security, and/or the financial services sector highly preferred.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Drafting responses to requests for information from U.S. and international regulators
• Coordinating senior-level engagements with U.S. and international regulators, including preparation of presentations and written deliverables
• Conducting analyses to identify regulatory trends of relevance to the firm’s business and risk environments
• Preparing presentations and written products on regulatory trends and issues to inform senior leadership decisions
• Coordinating with counterparts in other jurisdictions to ensure consistent responses across international regulators
• Conduct analysis to support prioritization of specific security controls based on regulatory requirements
• As needed, support development of technology-related policies and standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor degree or higher
• Strong writing skills, ideally with published academic or professional articles
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of and interest in information security and/or cybersecurity
• Knowledge of and interest in the financial services sector
• Knowledge of and interest in financial sector and information security regulatory regimes Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently, analyse problems, and act decisively with minimal management oversight
• Excellent presentation skills
• Graduate degree in information security/cybersecurity, law, government, or political science
• Academic or professional publications in relevant topics
• Professional experience writing policy documents or public messaging for senior government or private sector leaders
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.