What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Technology Division of Goldman Sachs is seeking a Business Analyst with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support the vendor, financial and business management function of the Global Data Center Team The role requires a professional who has the drive to work with various teams on creating a strong commercial and vendor management program. In partnership with various members of the team, the individual will assist in managing a diverse portfolio of vendors across the entire data center portfolio including but not limited to colocation and break-fix. In this role, the individual will assist with the life cycle of vendors including onboarding, day to day activities and capacity management. The individual will be responsible for all financial management of the data center product set.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Delivering detailed business and technology impact analysis
• Contributing to complex projects from inception to implementation
• Contributing to analysis for strategic data center projects
• Capacity & Power Management across the data center portfolio
• Assist in managing the portfolio of vendor owned data centers
• Building long term, productive relationships, and engage effectively with all key internal clients and partners
• Drive consensus amongst sometimes competing requirements of clients
• Manage the financial lifecycle of all data center products
• Budgets and actuals for the managed and capital spend for the data center
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in financial services and/or technology company – Bachelor’s degree required
• Proficient with spreadsheets and presentation tools and ability and willingness to learn new tools and procedures
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to identify inefficiencies and recommend solutions
• Demonstrate skills in creating business and technical documentation
• Project management skills
• Willingness to take initiative and work independently
• A strong teamwork ethic
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• High degree of judgment
• Background in mechanical / electrical/ data center environments (preferred but not required)
• Knowledge of data analytic tools a plus (preferred but not required)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.