Help us scale and automate our entire network infrastructure. At Goldman Sachs, we have spent considerable time designing and implementing automation solutions to manage our large global network. We need your help to continue to build the systems that make this possible. As a Network Automation Engineer, you will combine your skill sets of network engineering, automation, and software development in a unique way to deliver stable and strategic automation solutions. You will serve as the bridge between our network product engineers and our software developers to make this possible.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Identify the problem to be solved--what needs to be automated and why
• Determine the automation capabilities (e.g. APIs) of the products and platforms involved
• Design workflow and inventories that will serve as the foundation for building an automation solution
• Provide software specifications to software developers and work with them to bridge the gap between the problem and the solution
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding of data center, people building, and backbone network design, products, and protocols
• Experience configuring routers and switches in production environments
• Ability to document a complex process, split it logically it into subtasks, and turn it into requirements for developers to implement
• Experience testing network infrastructure (e.g. routers, switches) APIs in lab/POC environments, documenting results, and working with vendors to address deficiencies
• Aversion to doing anything manually more than once
• Experience with YANG modeling and NETCONF
• Experience with network automation tools/platforms (e.g. Cisco NSO, Ansible, NAPALM)
• Experience designing large networks (e.g. gathering business requirements, developing standards and best practices, conveying design intent to implementation and support teams)
• Experience designing network infrastructure deployment orchestration using inventory-backed processes, canonical design definitions, and no operator intervention in steady state
• Comfortable providing feature requests to vendors in a constructive and informative manner
• Intermediate or greater level experience with Node.js
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.