What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Design, engineer, deploy & lifecycle manage the firm’s voice, multimedia systems, messaging platforms, desktop and productivity apps including; MS Exchange, perimeter gateways, MS Office, Outlook, Visio, Google docs, Trader voice platforms, call manager and Telepresence. The group ensures the resiliency, optimization, security and protection of our systems and the delivery and management of the firm’s robust product groups.
The eBusiness Services Team provides technical support to external and internal clients (Institutional and Private Wealth) for the firm’s electronic trading and services platforms. The team is main point of contact for technology related aspects including, but not restricted to, authentication both static and secure, entitlements, navigation and internal trade flow issues. Platforms include, but are not limited to, Marquee Trader, Goldman 360, Bloomberg, and Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management. This is a global team with 24x5 support hours.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Technical platform support, access and entitlement administration, and client training for various client web platforms, desktop, and mobile applications such as: Private Wealth Management client web/Electronic Trading proprietary and consortium applications/Goldman 360 Portal research and analytics
• Interact with external clients via incoming and outgoing telephone and email (and sometimes face-to-face)
• Interact with internal clients and application development teams across Sales, Operations, Trading, and PWM teams
• Coordinate seamless client coverage between Asia, EMEA, and US teams
• Troubleshoot and escalate problems to technology groups and the business managers as required
• Follow-up on open issues and obtain resolutions
• Identify automation opportunities and facilitate inclusion in the application development work queue
• Project manage new business start-up initiatives
• Adhere to firm’s compliance and risk management procedures
• Perform statistical analysis and business reporting for marketing and sales teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Problem solving skills
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to work well with a global team
• Project management skills
• Attention to detail
• Quick learner
• Broad financial industry knowledge and experience required
• Basic knowledge of internet based applications including Windows, Google, and iOS platforms
• Basic knowledge of internet networks, firewall, security settings, and B2B connectivity
• Ability to react quickly to client needs
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and perform team responsibilities under pressure
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong client service orientation
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.