Corporate Services and Real Estate
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative and commercially managed market development, document management and hospitality related services.
- Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal partners throughout the firm.
- Real Estate plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, and is critical to ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Finance, comprised of regionally based teams and a central hub in Bangalore, India, provides financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm.
- Vendor Management Office ensures that the firm has established and is consistently applying a structured global framework to effectively manage vendor risk.
- Administration, Communications, and Environment and Social Governance oversee organizational development, internal and client communications and environmental, social and governance commitments.
This position reports to a Vice President of Critical Systems Operations and will work closely on the Americas based NY/NJ and regional critical systems team. The position supports the strategic management resources to improve efficiency and economic viability in the operation of owned and leased real estate.
Critical Systems Operations and Risk Management - support management and strategy oversight for the firm’s facilities and assist in managing the risk toward maintaining 100 % availability
- Ensure the critical MEP infrastructure supporting business operations is operated and maintained to the highest standards of reliability and efficiency and in accordance with the firm’s global engineering policies and procedures for office, trading floors, and data centers
- Manage preventive maintenance programs and ensure compliance with maintenance objectives
- Perform due diligence reviews of Methods of Procedure (MOP) written by others for adherence to company risk management principles during the required maintenance work.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to track energy performance, capacity utilization, and critical systems against operational goals
- Perform site visits as required to evaluate infrastructure conditions related to system design, installation and/or operation.
- Refine and establish monitoring processes for campus infrastructure loads such as: UPS, utility power, and chilled water.
- Evaluate and evolve operational procedures to ensure the facilities comply with Goldman Sachs risk management and efficiency objectives
- Manage capacity in data centers, technology spaces and trading environments and support technology change management processes, including support of circuit planning and management of circuit batch installations.
- Participate in real estate planning, design, development and execution of capital projects
- Manage onsite vendors providing facility management critical systems operations services ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the firm’s policies
- Project management support of critical infrastructure construction and upgrade projects
- Participate in development and management of annual operations and capital budgets for facilities
- Act as the Facility Management team stakeholder for critical system design and operational requirements for new construction and expansion activity within critical environments.
Incident response/Crisis Management
- Provide crisis management support to identify potential/immediate impacts, restore operational capabilities and institute required safeguards.
- Manage the Firm’s exposure to business risk by continuous review of the engineering and operational practices utilized in the design and operation of the critical infrastructure supporting business and technology operations.
- Be available 24/7/365 to manage critical incidents as part of a team coverage plan, escalation and evaluation of vendor’s response where business maybe exposed to risk from down-time of critical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- One to three years of facilities management and/or engineering design experience preferably with financial institutions or other technology intensive organizations involving critical systems
- Relevant college level coursework in Facilities Management a plus
- General understanding of critical systems infrastructure, exposure to risk mitigation practices for building critical systems, and critical environments.
- Basic understanding of energy management and environmental compliance program concepts.
- Experience working with client organizations
- Ability to read and understand MEP drawings, operations manuals and technical specifications
- Possess the ability to understand fundamental building codes and as well as ASHRAE and NFPA standards and guidelines
- Ability to write reports, develop presentations, and communicate technical concepts to non-technical management personnel is essential
- Professional Engineering license candidate a plus but not required
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Proficient with the suite of Microsoft Office software