Credt Risk manages the systems that facilitate the business of Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), the team that is responsible for sales and counterparty credit risk management and rating agency advisory for investment banking partners. Maintains a scenario stress testing engine that is used in a variety of risk and capital calculations as well as applications to allow for the effective risk management of firm counterparties.
Are you interested in learning about finance, or expanding what you already know into risk management across a broad range of financial instruments, while staying close to your roots as a software engineer? A role in Finance Engineering in our Credit Risk Technology team offers an exciting opportunity to apply computer science, finance, and mathematics to solve for what the firm requires in efficiently managing counterparty credit risk. We are looking to fill an Analyst/Associate level position to develop next-generation counterparty risk management applications and tools that support our Risk Division. Team members work with business users in eliciting business requirements, translate these into technical specifications, and most importantly, design, implement, and test software solutions. We offer opportunities to build software that encompasses data modelling, service implementation, platform development, business process automation, big data analytics, and UX design.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design and implementation of automated workflows streamlining current manual processes that manage counterparty risk appetite
• Data modelling and service development for processes involved with internal counterparty credit quality and limits
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree or higher in a STEM field, with an interest in finance
• Java development experience, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Comfortable with working globally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust style to the audience
• Knowledge of SecDB/Slang
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Familiarity with credit risk (or like) concepts
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.