Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
GLOBAL RISK MEASUREMENT & ANALYTICS identifies control weakness, adherence to regulatory requirements, and allows for the continuous control monitoring of individual key performance indicators that demonstrate the value of information security. This program
leverages tools and modeling to ensure technology policies and standards address critical risks and adequately address regulatory expectations throughout the Firm.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Technology Risk organization is a key part of the Goldman Sachs technology organization, and encompasses Information Security, Business Continuity and Risk Advisory functions.
The Special High Impact Project team within Technology Risk is tasked with creating software to increase the effectiveness of technology risk controls across the Firm. These projects involve systems across the globe and present the opportunity to interact with all manner of business processing, infrastructure, and people across the Firm, with the desired outcome being quality, near-zero-support systems which positively impact the Firm’s overall technical risk posture. We are seeking to build a team of highly motivated and technically savvy engineers to execute these unique projects, with the opportunity to create new systems as well as uplift existing ones. This position will be based in New York or Bengaluru.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Candidate is responsible for software development, delivery, and maintenance of systems that creatively and innovatively enforce and bolster technology risk controls across the Firm
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years development experience
• Proficiency in Object Oriented design and analysis
• Solid understanding of core Java concepts, common APIs, frameworks, and design patterns
• Proven ability to work with existing code and systems
• RDBMS experience: SQL programming; DB2; Sybase
• Experience with test-driven development and sound understanding of SDLC process
• Motivated, self-directed, and able to work as part of a global team
• Strong communication skills
• Two or more of the following:
• Experience of using Java libraries: Spring; JUnit, Mockito, Jackson
• Web services development: RESTful APIs; Swagger; Jersey;
• Strong scripting skills in Perl, Linux shell, or Python
• Experience in Dev Ops, release management, and/or developer-level support
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.