Goldman Sachs & Public Sector & Infrastructure Banking Overview:
Goldman Sachs' Public Sector and Infrastructure Banking Group (“PSI”) is seeking talented professionals for a full-time Investment Banking Associate position on the Infrastructure team.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
PSI sits within the Americas Financing Group in the Investment Banking Division. PSI provides debt underwriting and advisory services for state and local governmental entities, not-for-profit hospital and healthcare organizations, higher education organizations, public power and utility systems, transportation and mass transit agencies, sports franchises and other public projects. The group focuses on origination, structuring and execution of a variety of municipal debt, derivative and public-private partnership transactions across the U.S. The multi-functional group combines client coverage with product expertise, capital markets expertise and deal execution. Our offices are headquartered in New York City, with regional offices in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Houston, and Atlanta.
Overview of the PSI Associate Position:
Associates in PSI develop outstanding financial modeling, client relationship and new business generation skills. Associates are integral members of dedicated teams who serve the client groups listed above and are responsible for the execution of tax-exempt and taxable bond, loan and derivative transactions, as well as public-private partnerships. Associates work closely with analysts and senior bankers in preparing both written and oral presentations for clients. Once mandated on a transaction, associates provide a full range of services including running bond structuring analysis, assisting in developing and preparing credit information for formal bond rating agency presentations, assessing credit enhancement structures, reviewing legal and other offering documents and examining product alternatives as pricing approaches.
· Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree and be available to start immediately (subject to any notice period required by their current employer, if applicable)
· A keen, long-term interest in investment banking and the financial markets. Specific experience in a public finance role at a major banking firm is advantageous, but not a requirement
· At least 2 years of relevant banking experience
· Strong quantitative and technical abilities, including modeling experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
· Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
· Municipal finance banking and transaction experience a significant asset
· Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.