Investing and Lending encompasses three main businesses at Goldman Sachs:
- A multi-asset principal investing desk focused primarily on distressed situations in both the public and private markets including investments in real estate and non-performing loan portfolios
- Mortgages Loans trading desk, who both originate and trade mortgage loans on the secondary market
- Structured Finance Investing & Lending, who provide funding solutions to clients
Our unique seat means we are exposed to complex financial products and a diverse range of deals. Given the exotic nature of the businesses, we solve new problems not only for our own business unit, but sometimes for the whole firm.
Your time will be split between contributing to the long-term engineering vision for the business, executing on that strategy by building well-designed and tested software, and day-to-day deal support to ensure our risk is appropriately captured in our systems. The team sits directly with the desk, so you will be working closely with the research analysts, Traders, Strats and Operations on both strategic initiatives and tactical enhancements. As such strong, two-way communication skills are critical to success in this seat.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, producing highly impactful engineering solutions, collaborating with other smart and driven colleagues, then this is the role for you.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Identify opportunity for engineering solutions to advance the businesses
• Deliver commercially impactful and well-designed technology products
• Ownership across the whole delivery lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and deployment
• Ensure business continuity and improve production stability
• Demonstrate effective stakeholder management whilst prioritising competing requirements or projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor degree in a technical (computer science, mathematics, science, engineering) discipline
• 2+ years experience of commercial software development
• Pro-active, sense of ownership and responsibility
• Strong communication skills
• Familiarity with Java, web development and SQL would be beneficial
• Foundation knowledge of financial products
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.