Enabling Goldman Sachs’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
Global Investment Research at Goldman Sachs is one of the largest publishers of Research content in the world. Harnessing cutting edge technology we ensure our business is serviced by industry defining software tailored to their needs. Being current and commercial in our content provision and with our bespoke web platform we are breaking new ground as pioneers in the Digital content domain. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and develop cutting-edge systems. The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You’ll join the team as we embark on the next generation of our digital platform, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, business intelligence and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a software engineer, you will be responsible for being part of a team building a green field research distribution platform.
• We work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and find where their interests lie.
• We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
• We are one of the first business units to move our infrastructure and services to the cloud.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5-7 years’ relevant commercial experience
• Development experience ideally with Java
• A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
• Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle: requirements clarification and analysis, producing high level and detailed designs, implementing complex Java modules and providing support
• Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
• Full-stack development experience e.g. RESTful service layer with front-end client side framework e.g. AngularJS, REACT
• Experience with adobe products
• Use of an object-oriented language and a familiarity of design patterns
• Agile methodologies
• Experience working in a global team
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.