Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. The Goldman Sachs Technology Risk organization is a key part of the Goldman Sachs technology organization, and encompasses Information Security Advisory, Risk Governance, Security Incident response and Risk Measurement functions. We are looking for an experienced, highly self-motivated candidate with a strong regulatory background to join a small team that manages and coordinates Technology related regulatory exams and inquiries for the Americas region. In addition, the candidate will coordinate globally with other technology regulatory support teams to share information to ensure global consistency. Prior experience in Technology Audit, understanding of key Technology general controls and risk mitigation procedures a plus. Knowledge of / exposure to Financial Services regulatory bodies (OCC, FRBNY, SEC, FINRA) is preferred. Strong communication and analytical skills a must.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have a technology impact, in order to conduct internal self-assessments and gap analyses to ensure compliance
• Work on business initiatives to ensure regulatory requirements are appropriately understood, communicated, and mitigated where necessary
• Participate in global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
• Provide guidance and governance to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by the firm’s Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions
• Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required
• Good team player along with the ability to work independently
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
• Knowledge of Corporate Risks, IT Controls and other regulations.
• Understanding of regulatory landscape for Technology (SOX, FINRA, SEC reviews, etc.)
• Excellent presentation skills
• Bachelor degree; 4 or more years of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Security, Technology Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, Technology Infrastructure or Application Development.
• Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations
• An understanding of the regulatory environment as it relates to business continuity and/or technology control requirements
• Understanding of the technology implications of additional global and regional regulations is also beneficial.
• Strong analytical & communication skills required
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.