Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical
investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
Goldman Sachs is actively searching for an Insider Threat Security Analyst. In this position you will be responsible for conducting investigations that have a networking and cyber component, liaising with existing Technology Risk and Core Engineering functions to identify, analyze, and mitigate risks in our critical technologies, enhancing our entitlements and segregation of duties controls. You will also join with engineers and data scientists to develop cyber based behavioral detections and other surveillances designed to uncover anomalous behavior and prevent insider threats. You will partner with colleagues from Compliance, Legal, HCM, Office of Global Security, and Internal Audit to leverage all available resources in advancing the program.
A position as an Insider Threat Security Analyst lets you do all this and more.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner to these groups
• Investigate moderate to complex events and communicate to senior leadership.
• Identify risk and other security themes and develop recommendations for resolution.
• Ensure that anomalies are investigated and documented thoroughly and followed up as appropriate.
• Investigate and resolve systemic issues
• Triage on Insider Threat cases
• Escalate issues to senior management as warranted.
• Work at the forefront of designing innovative insider threat solutions.
• Promote a team environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2-5 years’ relevant experience
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Creative and critical thinker
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Responsive to challenging tasking
• Ability to work in dynamic and high pressure situations
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion.
• Knowledge of Corporate Risks, IT Controls and other regulations
• Attention to detail
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred. Other degrees and relevant experience will be considered
• Ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment, demonstrating creativity and an ability to check work conscientiously for errors and make decisions based on priorities, time constraints and risks
• Experience writing professional documents both for internal and external purposes as well as being comfortable with presenting to senior leadership and often delivering a tough message
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required.
• Experience with SPLUNK would be a plus.
• Experience with detection tools such as Symantec DLP (Vontu) would be a plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.