Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
The User Experience team is part of the Platform organisation at Goldman Sachs. The team is diverse and global, comprising developers, business analysts, visual designers and animators – a small, nimble, cross-disciplinary team taking deep dives into select problems, partnering with the business, clients, strategists and technologists to make the tools we deliver powerful, commercial, competitive, innovative and consumable.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The User Experience (UX) team is looking for an experienced UX professional. As a Senior User Experience Designer in the UX team, he/she will be responsible for driving the interaction design and look & feel of web, desktop & mobile applications for a variety of businesses at Goldman Sachs. The designer will work with business stakeholders, clients, and development teams to define, conceptualize, design, and validate the user experience of internal and external users. He/she will actively assist in defining and communicating a vision to improve the user experience of GS applications. The designer will help drive the creation of UI standards to provide consistency of experience across business units. The candidate must be an innovative, creative, and analytical problem solver. The candidate must have extensive experience working with development teams in an agile environment. Must have superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Not required, but a plus: Post-graduate degree or equivalent in interaction design, human factors, or related field
• At least 4 years of experience in interaction design, information architecture, and visual design for digital experiences
• UX design experience for data intensive and transaction-oriented applications
• Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and principles
• Domain expertise in the financial sector
• Proven experience designing interactive applications that have been developed and achieved great user adoption
• Experience with data visualization and visual design a plus
• Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
• PORTFOLIO REQUIRED: When applying for this position please include a link to your online portfolio or attach work samples.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.