The SDLC Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the development tools, controls and processes used by over 8,000 engineers at Goldman Sachs. We need to balance uplift and ongoing improvement of the production environment and existing internal tooling, as well as bringing in industry-standard solutions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Enjoys working in a progressive, team-oriented environment
• Systemize, automate, or eliminate recurring tasks and issues
• Ensure runtime environments are correctly configured and modelled in terms of infrastructure and software topology
• Ensure SDLC platforms are current, standardized, scalable, available, and resilient
• Design component, as well as integration architecture for large scale distributed applications
• Engage with internal development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Follow best practices throughout the SDLC process
• Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Provide technical guidance on established best practices to the technology and business communities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least three years of industry experience. Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• Prior experience in a Devops, SRE, Infrastructure, or System Admin role.
• Experience with Cloud and Infrastructure as Code technologies - AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Familiarity with continuous integration, deployment pipelines, monitoring solutions
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
• Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus, and influencing outcomes, strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, self-directed, ability to prioritize and escalate issues
• Working knowledge of using Gradle, Maven, SVN, Postgres, and Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA)
• Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
• Prior experience with the Prometheus/Grafana monitoring stack
• Prior operational experience with GitLab Enterprise Edition
• Experience with continuous deployment
• Experience with large scale data processing tools like Elastic Search and add-on tools like Kibana, Logstash
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.