CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You are excited by the opportunity lead in a strategic business line, to sculpt the culture of the delivery team, to influence technology strategy and drive the team’s technical roadmap
• You are a skilled mentor who develops other leaders by giving them challenging opportunities to grow, while at the same time expanding your own skill set
• You will drive innovation and implement new technology solutions when building digitally-advanced financial products for retail consumers
• You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• You Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• You have a mindset of continuous improvement and seek to refine processes, best practices, and development methods to achieve the best possible experience for our engineers, our customers, and our stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience
• 5+ years analyzing existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
• 3+ years of experience as a hands-on technology leader with people management responsibilities
• 5+ years of experience in front-end technologies like React JS, Redux, and HTML5
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Proven experience influencing across the entire technology stack by leveraging a strong understanding of software architecture
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
• Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Experience collaborating with globally-located cross functional team to build customer-centric products
• Grounded opinions on how to best utilize agile delivery methods, with the ability to be adaptable and drive incremental improvements
• Ability to drive funnel optimization and client acquisition
• Comfort operating in a matrix environment
• Experience with microservice based architecture
• Experience with AWS
• Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.