Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK GOVERNANCE supports various Technology Risk committee structures to align with industry enterprise risk management standards and ensure risk relevant information in provided for senior leadership with the proper oversight and accountability.
REGULATORY & AUDIT COORDINATION manages Regulatory and Client interactions impacting the Technology Division. Ensures management awareness of regulatory expectations and improves the alignment of technology controls to meet these expectations.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Full Time Vice President with advanced communication, analysis and project management skills. Background in public policy, administrative law, information security, and/or the financial services sector highly preferred.
The Regulatory, Policy, and Strategy team resides within firm’s Technology Risk department, which is led by the firm’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and maintains responsibility for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications, measuring cybersecurity risk, and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The Regulatory, Policy, and Strategy team has three principal objectives: (1) efficiently provide timely and accurate information to global regulators regarding the firm’s information security; (2) drive security improvements and prioritization based on regulatory requirements; and (3) inform business decisions by providing insights about relevant regulatory trends and changes. Separately, the Regulatory, Policy, and Strategy team is responsible for coordinating the development of technology-related policies and standards across the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Conducting independent analysis of regulatory trends, changes and proposals to inform firm decisions and identify potential gaps
• Coordinating regulatory examinations, including preparation of presentations and written deliverables
• Drafting responses to requests for information from U.S. and international regulators
• Conducting analyses to identify regulatory trends of relevance to the firm’s business and risk environments
• Preparing presentations and written products on regulatory trends and issues to inform senior leadership decisions
• Coordinating with counterparts in other jurisdictions to ensure consistent responses across international regulators
• Conducting analysis to support prioritization of specific security controls based on regulatory requirements
• As needed, support development of technology-related policies and standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor degree or higher
• Strong writing skills, ideally with published academic or professional articles
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of and interest in information security and/or cybersecurity
• Knowledge of and interest in the financial services sector
• Knowledge of and interest in financial sector and information security regulatory regimes
• Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently, analyze problems, and act decisively with minimal management oversight
• Excellent presentation skills
• Graduate degree in information security/cybersecurity, law, government, or political science
• Academic or professional publications in relevant topics
• Experience partnering with clients to deliver benefits to the business
• Professional experience writing policy documents or public messaging for senior government or private sector leaders
• Knowledge of and interest in administrative law
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.