We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing valuation oversight for securities held in strategies managed by the Investment Management business. They will assist in the review and completion of core valuation controls in daily pooled investment vehicles. The candidate will interact not only with controllers’ management but also investment professionals engaged in managing portfolios, IT, fund accounting, legal and compliance.
- Responsible for price verification of positions held in the portfolios – including, but not limited to equities, MBS, ABS, emerging market debt, corporate bonds, investment grade bonds, high yield bonds, government bonds, etc.
- Assist in the review and completion of core valuation controls in daily pooled investment vehicles
- Assist in the review of Fixed Income Transaction Analysis and ASC 820 Leveling
- Regular interaction with other departments: IT, operations, fund accounting, legal and compliance
- Preparation of management reports and analysis to assist portfolio management and finance managers in managing and understanding the business
Experience / Skills
- Degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA or CFA preferred
- Experience in the financial markets and the investment management industry is preferred
- Requires a willingness and drive to understand valuation methods various types of securities
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience (public and / or private)
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written communication) skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use initiative and work efficiently
- Strong knowledge of desktop applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of valuation models and functionality, including but not limited to Bloomberg
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.