Deployment and Runtime is responsible for Goldman Sachs’ mission critical production platforms including:
- Private and public cloud computing platforms
- Distributed scheduling
- Security and critical infrastructure services - Linux and Windows engineering
- Core data centre platforms including network and storage
Our aim is to innovate and drive technology solutions that will impact the bottom line for the firm. By joining us, you will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on solving critical business problems.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Engage with application development teams to improve the lifecycle of developing and managing highly available systems - inception, design, deployment, debugging, monitoring, and operations
• Participate in system design consulting and capacity planning
• Develop software and systems architectural frameworks and tooling
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experienced in at least one language (Python, Go, Ruby, bash, etc)
• Experience in a relevant role (Dev Ops, Site Reliability Engineering, System Administration, Application Programming, etc)
• Knowledgeable about Linux internals
• Knowledgeable about networking (TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, DNS, TLS, HTTP, SSH, etc)
• Experience with all stages in the lifecycle of developing and running large distributed systems
• Hands on experience in production deployment and release management
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• BSc / MSc / PhD in relevant field (Computer Science, Maths, Physics)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity